Thursday, March 29, 2012

Frosted Marshmallow Brownies

By Amanda Campbell

When I was in College I was very homesick. Someone who I knew had relatives in Salt Lake and owned an apartment building. I was invited to a home cooked dinner at the top of the Apartment building at sunset. It was a great day. We had homemade food and watched the sun go down. The desert was amazing. I made the lady get the recipe and I wrote it down. When I came home we got sick of making them sooo much. I know want them all the time. Again.

1 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup nuts
1 pkg marshmallows
1 1/2 cup flour

Blend butter, cocoa, and sugar. Beating until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, vanilla and nuts. Pour in to a greased 11x15 half cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 min

When done remove from oven. Put marshmallows on top and return to oven for 6 min. Cool to room temp. Top with Frosting.

Frosting

1/3 cup butter
2 1/2-3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cream or milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 TB cocoa

Mix butter add powdered sugar, cocoa, cream and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined. Spread on cooled brownies. Let stand 1/2 hour before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment