Monday, September 21, 2009

Homemade Noodles

By Jane Davenport

My Grandma Walz use to make these noodles. When I was a small child I remember going to her house and they were all over her tables drying. We liked to eat them. I did however get the recipe from Grandma Esther in the 70's. They really are good. I cheat- I never dry them I just use them fresh and only make what I need for the dish at the time.

1 Beaten egg
2 TB milk or water(I use water)
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt (Optional)

Mix the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients. It will be fairly stiff dough. You can determine how stiff you like it. More water can be added to make softer dough if you like.

Roll thon on floured surface and let stand for 20 minutes. Roll up loosely and slice 1/4 in wide slices, unroll to dry for 2 hours.

Cook for 10 minutes in boiling water or broth. Makes about 3 cups cooked noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment