Monday, September 19, 2011

Jumbo Cookies

By Margaret Randell

This recipe is for a spice cookie and has been in my family since I was a little girl. I happen to know it is one of Grandpa Randell's favorites that I make because on more than one occasion he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar when we lived next door to Grandma and Grandpa.

1 C shortening 2 tsp. Salt
2 C Sugar 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
3 Eggs 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla 1 1/2 tsp. Allspice
4 C Sifted Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda

Cream shortening and sugar. Blend in eggs and beat. Add vanilla. Sift together flour, spices, baking powder and soda. Add sifted ingredients and blends well. Drop by teaspoon on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 oven for 12 to 15. Sorry I don't have how many doz. it makes. I tend to make smaller cookies than most so it wouldn't be too accurate anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment