Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Amanda's Famous Tarts

By Amanda Campbell

When I was a teenager I begged my mom to buy me these four tart pans. They are metal with the bottoms that come out. They are a set of 4 small ones that my mom got me at craft corner for my 16th Birthday. I love them, and I have made the tart recipe that came with the pans. They are sooo yummy. You could make one big one too if you have a big tart pan. Enjoy, I just made them tonight and love them.

Pastry Shells

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tlb Sugar
3/4 cup cold butter
6-7 tlb. Cold water
1/8 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour sugar and salt. Cut in butter. When crumbly add water till it comes to a ball. Roll out to about 1/8 inch thick. Cut shape just bigger than your pan. Fit in to your tart pan. Prick with fork. Bake for about 15 min. let cool.

Filling

8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
4 tlb lemon juice

Mix till smooth. Put in tarts.
Add on top your favorite fruit. I love sliced in half grapes!!! They are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment