Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Polenta with Beef Ragout

By Jane Davenport

This is a new recipe that I have had for many years. I just decided to try it one day when I had nothing to eat that sounded good. I really liked it and so did my daughter.

Ragout
1/2 lb. hamburger
1 Tlb chopped garlic
2 cups tomatoes
1 cup zucchini
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1Tlb tomato paste
1 tsp oregano
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Brown Beef, remove and cook onions and garlic until soft. Add beef and remaining ingredience. Simmer for 25-30 min.

Polenta
1 can chicken broth or 2 cups
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup milk

Combine broth and water to equal 2 1/2 cups. Bring to boil - add cornmeal- cook stirring for 15 minutes. Add milk and cook for 5 more minutes.

Divide the polenta into 4 bowls and divide the rague and put on top of the polenta. I put parmesan cheese on top.
245 calories per bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment